Be Heard: Navigating the System in the 21st Century
Time & Location
About the Event
The Trainer will provide an overview of the ADA in two parts including how to advocate for communication access for deaf and hard of hearing people. It's become a challenge to know where to begin or who to talk to in terms of advocating for what you believe in. The areas of focus are real-life challenges with communication access, disability laws, effective advocacy strategies, social media campaigns, community resources, and how to take action.
Participants will be able to:
– describe the basic requirements of the ADA regarding communication access for persons who are Deaf or hard of hearing
– clarify common misconceptions regarding the ADA and how it applies to sign language interpreters
– utilize strategies to educate consumers and refer to appropriate resources within the role of an interpreter
– Participants will list ways to advocate for effective communication.
To receive certificates of completion for this training course. Please send an email to Amanda@accessvine.co
RID & BEI CEU's = .4
- Webinar Registration Fee$45+$1.13 Service fee$45+$1.13 Service fee0$0